• Private Money Lender
  • Oklahoma
Votes |
Found someone to mentor me!

Account Closed
  • Private Money Lender
  • Oklahoma
Posted May 26 2010, 12:06

So as I've stated before, my father is going to mentor me on the buying and flipping aspect of rehab investments.

Now I have been studying a lot of articles here at BP and around the net and have gained a greater grasp on a lot of different aspects of wholesaling. I knew (and still know) it would be a long time before I would be doing any on my own as I still lack a firm understanding of A-Z. I still wanted to start searching and building a buyer list and commicate with other investors. I started communicating with some and one was pretty impressed with my motivation and marketting ideas to reach out to motivated sellers. He then told me he would help me to learn the whole process. I still plan on waiting a few years and just working with him and taking a percentage of the successful leads which I provide and just saving and rebuilding my credit.

I have no problems with this plan because it's more important to me to have as stable and firm a foundation as possible and completing successful wholesales before I decide to venture off on my own. I thought it was pretty nice because when I finally gave up on anyone wanting toactually be a mentor in that area, and was ready to go the route of learn through many mistakes until I learned (which I am sure has it's own rewards but still), one offered me to mentor. Funny isn't it how it works like that sometimes.

Although, I'm still going to continue to build a buyer list even though I plan on waiting a few years. Never hurts to have a huge book ready to go for when the time comes.

Thanks BP community for keeping me motivated to carry on the fight.

Loading replies...