Found vacant property while walking

5 Replies

I walk 2 to 3 miles a day to get my weight down.I found a vacant house on a country road,by the looks of it its been vacant for a while a neighbor down the road told me somebody tried to fix it up but stopped about 2 yrs ago. he said it has 6 acres but 2 acres are wetlands.Its has a
two story house on it and a barn in bad shape
My tasks are
1) Do property search to find owner then send letter.
2)check court house for liens and judgments
3)Call zoning to find out how it is zoned
4) Maybe see if I can get a look inside through a window.
Let you know what happens

This is a great site
Have a great day
Tim
I found a property and lost a pound or two
:D

Good speed Timothy :).

-Uwe

That's awesome. The accidental vacant properties tend to be some of the best and easiest (and least expensive) finds! Driving or walking around with a notebook, writing down addresses of vacant looking properties, and doing some research can lead to some really good deals. The problem with me is the discipline to consistently do this.!!! Your post is a great reminder.

See previous post
Details
3 bedrooms 1 bath needs complete rehab
51.49 acres (50 acres are wet lands)
sewer line needs connecting
Asking price $250,000
2 acres zoned for commercial and residential

My Plan
1)called contractors about sewer line meeting thurs for
estimates
2)called county about wetlands (would not budge)
3) House I can do myself got permission to enter the house will do thursday

Plan
1)Flipping to end buyer (who would be interested in 50 acres of wetlands.?
2)Land contract keep for myself rehab house sell later tell them expenses would tie up to much cash for a big downpayment or large earnest money deposit.
3)They also seemed keen on the idea of me just rehabbing the house.

Offer
dont really know what to offer just yet untill estimate on sewer line and me checking inside of house.my main concern is the wet lands. This place has been vacant for a while.Maybe I could sell to a developer.

I am open to any ideas or suggestions.If anything ill get expierecne and make money rehabbing the house but IM not giving up.I told the owners Ill give them an offer by Monday.

thanks
Tim
Have a great day
:D

Hello Tim,

Congrats on that find. You have any updates on the details of the deal?

Originally posted by Delondon Dear:
Hello Tim,

Congrats on that find. You have any updates on the details of the deal?

The update is:
I called corps of engineers about the wetlands(50) acres .I cant do anything with it and even if I could it would cost me a lot in permits and if I used 8 acres I would have to replace 2 to 1 Id have to buy 16 acres and make into wetlands.Then I would have to deal with state and county regs.I had know right of way to dev the 2 good acres.So I moved on to finding other deals .
Tim
Have a great day

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here