• Real Estate Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
first profitable deal

Vikram C.#5 Off Topic Contributor
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Posted Jun 8 2010, 16:15

As many of you know, I knew nothing about RE a year ago. When I started my research on the subject, I stumbled upon Bigger Pockets and joined it right away and started reading all the old posts, asking you guys questions, etc.

Like many newbies, I jumped around from one thing to another (Mobile Home Parks, SFHs, Apartment Complexes, HM lending, private lending, etc!). And I did all this while living in India - I am still amazed at how BP and the internet have made it easy for anyone in the world to invest in RE in the U.S.

I finally decided to try fix-and-flips in Phoenix and flew down here and got started right away. I actually lost money (a very tiny loss) on my first two flips but learnt from each one and felt that I would eventually make a profit as I continued to learn and avoid the previous mistakes. Today I closed my third flip for a small profit. On the whole, while this business is not yet a financial success, I feel that I have learnt an incredible amount and also enjoyed the entire experience.

I now have a bunch of properties in Phoenix on the market and am keeping my fingers crossed as to their eventual profitability. It's been a blast so far and I appreciate all the advice that I have received from experienced BP members through their forum posts and also PMs. I even had the pleasure of meeting and learning from two wonderful BP members when I was in Denver.

Thanks to all of you and to Josh for making all this possible.

P.S.

I have used three agents so far, two of whom I found here on BP. Both are good and honest people. I have also partnered with a BP member on my recent flips - a great guy with an excellent business mind.

Loading replies...