• Real Estate Agent
  • Warrior Run, PA
Votes |
I’m stuck at my current position

Nicholas Weckstein
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Warrior Run, PA
Posted Nov 23 2017, 10:56

This post is me blowing off steam or seeing if I’m missing anything.

I currently own a Triplex with an 85k note left on it. I profit roughly $750 a month plus whatever the mortgage pay down is. I’m not complaining.

Where my frustration comes from is feeling stagnant. I’m saving money like it’s going out of style, but I won’t qualify for another mortgage. I went from being a restaurant manager on a salary to a new restaurant as a tipped employee ( the money is better) problem is that the bank won’t consider my tips until I’ve been their I believe 2 years so they can average my income.

So at the current time a loan from a bank is out of the question.

I have about 8k saved myself. My mother wants to invest and has 85k but it’s only 38k in liquid the rest is tied up in IRAs.

I’m trying to think of creative ways to acquire more properties but I can’t come up with anything other than wait and save.

Also when I’m 25 in 2 years I will be receiving a settlement check for 50k. My goal is to have at least 25k of my own to add to that and then with my moms investment make a big move.

I guess I just feel like I’m smart enough to figure something else out and that just waiting and saving isn’t good enough. I’m only 23 but I feel that I should be doing better because I’m absolutely in love with real estate.

Any suggestions ? Some angle I’m not seeing maybe ?

Loading replies...