Been away from BP...but exceeded my 2017 goal with 26 total deals

13 Replies

I've been away from BP for the past two months, after my father passed away from Cancer the last week of October, one week prior to my 40th birthday.  Followed that up on December 1st with another family member, who's like a little brother to me, was in a serious accident that put him in the hospital ever since.  But through all of that, those mailbox checks continued to show up, and I was able to take time away to spend with family and not have to worry about a "JOB". 

That's what makes this industry so awesome, if you put in the effort and work hard, until you get your pipeline of cash flow growing, you can have true FREEDOM to do anything you want.  Most of you know my story of how I went from being homeless at one point in my life, to starting in Real Estate less then two years ago with $30K saved, and by implementing the information I learned on BiggerPockets, today I now own 10 cash flowing properties Free & Clear with no mortgages that I call my blue collar retirement plan.  

Between all my wholesales, rehabs, flips, and buy/holds, I finished up 2017 doing a total of 26 deals, and made the most income I've ever made in one year, even after all the write-offs.  2018 is going to be even better!!

Thanks again to all of you who helped me with advice when I was growing my knowledge!!

Congrats Jeff keep grinding buddy!

@Jeff Filali with empathy, my father passed in August due to cancer. Remember to keep going, it helps. Congrats and much continued success!

Originally posted by @Jeff Filali :

Most of you know my story of how I went from being homeless at one point in my life, to starting in Real Estate less then two years ago with $30K saved, and by implementing the information I learned on BiggerPockets, today I now own 10 cash flowing properties Free & Clear with no mortgages that I call my blue collar retirement plan.  

I'm sorry to hear that you have had a difficult couple of months. The fortunate aspect is that you have created a situation for yourself where you can have a sense of security even when rough times occur.

It's great to hear about your success! When I was a child I was homeless a couple times. I slept in the car some nights, homeless shelters, and hotels for some months.

Then things stabilized, but we were poor.

I think those experiences and senses of not having security were very valuable lessons for me at a young age and I'm happy they occurred.

I've always been determined to not allow myself to ever be in such a situation again.

I look forward to the day when I can say I own quite a few properties.

I'm excited to continue to create success for myself.

I wish you lots more success!

Originally posted by @Erik Anderson :

I'm sorry to hear that you have had a difficult couple of months. The fortunate aspect is that you have created a situation for yourself where you can have a sense of security even when rough times occur.

It's great to hear about your success! When I was a child I was homeless a couple times. I slept in the car some nights, homeless shelters, and hotels for some months.

Then things stabilized, but we were poor.

I think those experiences and senses of not having security were very valuable lessons for me at a young age and I'm happy they occurred.

I've always been determined to not allow myself to ever be in such a situation again.

I look forward to the day when I can say I own quite a few properties.

I'm excited to continue to create success for myself.

I wish you lots more success!

Thanks for the kind words Erik... May 2018 bring you the best of success!! #KeepGrinding 

Originally posted by @Daniel F. Harb :

Best to you, @Jeff Filali. 

Sorry about your Father,

I pray 2018 is incredible for you and your family. :)

Daniel F. Harb

Thanks for the encouragement Daniel.  2018 is going to be huge!! Keep Grinding!! 

My condolences for your losses, @Jeff Filali  

Congratulations on your "blue collar retirement plan" that allowed you to take the time to be with your family when you were needed most. You have been very successful over the past two years. Here's to your continued success!

Originally posted by @Preston Roach :

My condolences for your losses, @Jeff Filali 

Congratulations on your "blue collar retirement plan" that allowed you to take the time to be with your family when you were needed most. You have been very successful over the past two years. Here's to your continued success!

Thanks Preston for the kind words.  Best of success to you as well!! 

Sorry to hear about your family Jeff.  I'm sure you made them proud.  As for 2018, you're going to knock it out of the park!  Go get that large apartment complex you're hunting for!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.