• Flipper/Rehabber
  • Granite Bay, CA
Votes |
$50,000 Profit Mobile Home Flip!

David Oldenburg
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Granite Bay, CA
Posted Jan 3 2018, 10:54

I haven't posted in a while, as I have been busy running my investing group and doing deals, but I wanted to start sharing more.  I am a flipper, wholesaler, and wholetailer, but have never flipped a mobile home.  Why?  I have never thought flipping a mobile home would be worth my time.  That all changed a few weeks ago, when I was asked to evaluate and possibly consider a mobile home.

The seller owned this property free and clear and it is in a park.  The seller was behind a few months on park space payments and the seller also owed the park some other money.  They filed for repossession, and I was called in because the seller wanted to get out quickly and move on.  This is a double-wide 1510 sq ft 4/2 manufactured home built in 2003.  It needs flooring, paint and a few minor repairs.  It comps at about $80K if looking decent.  The seller wanted $50K, but after 2 weeks of back and forth, the seller agreed to $23,500.  

We are almost done with the work after about 10 days and the home is going to be listed at just over $80K, making this a $50K profit, actually about $45K after re commissions and closing costs!  Not a bad deal...a 200% return in just a few weeks.  So, apparently you can make some money flipping mobile homes!  Maybe I need to change my marketing strategy :-).

Loading replies...