• Investor
  • Saint Louis, MO
Votes |
First full year as a FULL TIME REAL ESTATE INVESTOR

Kory Hannah
  • Investor
  • Saint Louis, MO
Posted Feb 7 2018, 11:11

This is a little late, but I still wanted to post it anyways because it’s big for me. 2017 was my first full year as a full time real estate investor. I left my very safe salary job late in 2016 and made the leap and I consider my 2017 a great success.

Amie and I had done a couple fix and flips on the side over the previous couple of years, but this was the real thing…full time...no turning back. I ended the year doing 10 houses that were closed out and sold with 2 more that are under contract now. Some of them wholesales, some wholetails and a couple rehabs. It was a crazy year, that was filled with being outside my comfort zone and that’s a very good thing. I had never done a wholesale before, and then ended up with that being the majority of my deals. I bought a house for $10,000 and I bought a house for $410,000 with the rest somewhere in between.

I saw and learned so much about real estate investing over the last year, its crazy. I learned about wholesaling and how nice it can be to make a little bit off a deal and move on vs the time, risk and effort of the rehab. I also learned how much quicker a rehab can go when its being worked on by a general contractor and full crew instead of just me, Amie and a few friends on nights and weekends. I learned how important relationships are in this business, even in a city the size of St. Louis..it’s a small world. I still have so much to learn, but I’ve come a long way in the last year and I’m exited for 2018.

I was able to do all of this thanks to both Bigger Pockets. All of the training and team has been invaluable to Amie and I. It’s crazy how much being connected with this group has accelerated my business. At the end of last year, Amie even moved over to join the STL Real Estate brokerage and Affiliate Club. We’re already off to a great start in 2018 and I look forward to seeing what our numbers look like at the end of the year. My goal is to do 30 deals in 2018.

Good luck everybody with everything you have have going on. All I can say, is just go for it.

Loading replies...