• Real Estate Investor
  • Southfield, MI
Votes |
Wholesale flip with my last $3,000

Ryan Wilkinson
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Southfield, MI
Posted Aug 17 2010, 05:19

It's been several years and a bunch of deals since but here is my first wholesale success story....

I had been in the business for about 10 months. Had bought and renovated 2 houses and struggled my way through both deals (which is why it took 10 months). The second house I bought I purchased and rehabbed for $24,000 total and didn't have much left over to live on and had already quit my job so I had no additional income.

Literally with the last $3,000 I had to my name, I put an emd down on a property I had won the bid for at an auction for $6,500. The auction company gave me 30 days to close. I didn't have the money to close though, in fact I didn't have anything. So, while eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (again), I printed up a flyer (postcard size so I could get 4 copies out of each sheet of paper) and hand delivered them to every house in the neighborhood around the house I was trying to sell. Before I got off the block I had two people flag me down to take a look at the house right then. Within 30 minutes of returning home from the block I received a call from a man who lived on the block, got my card, looked at the house & agreed to pay me $11,500 cash for the house. I met him that night, signed a purchase agreement, took a $2,000 emd and two weeks later did a double closing and made my first 5k profit!

There aren't many feelings better than going "all-in" and immediately tripling your last dollar in a day. That was it, wholesaling worked & it continues to work! And that's what I've spent the last few years trying to perfect.

You gotta love this business!!!

Loading replies...