• Surf City, NC
Votes |
Air BNB Success in SE North Carolina

Sean McDonnell
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Surf City, NC
Posted Feb 25 2018, 17:18

Good evening Bigger Pocketeers!

I want to share my first small but vital success that my wife and I had recently. Just a little back story, we first caught the Real Estate bug about 6 months ago and have since been learning, listening to podcasts, reading, and beginning to network in order to get this ball rolling. The first house we bought is what we call an accidental investment. We currently have that rented out and have recently bought our second SFH that we live in now. What made this house stand out was a additional Guest/In-Law Suite that is a very private and comfy (pictures posted below!). As soon as we got settled, we posted the guest suite on Air BNB to see what kind of extra revenue we could pull in. Now, we live in a small beach town (Surf City, NC) and did not expect to get much action until the summer months but as soon as we listed the Guest Suite, the reservations started pouring in. February is the second month our BNB has been active and we are netting over 600$! It is truly amazing and such an easy way to use your Real Estate assets to make you more money. And this gives us a chance to meet new, interesting people and try and help give them a fun beach vacation.

When looking at the local market and what sets our place apart from the competition is the fact that it is an entirely separate living quarters with its own bathroom.   Talking with our guests, privacy is a major selling feature and one of the main things people look for in an Air BNB.  If anyone is new to this game and has any questions about how to get started with Air BNB and tips for making your listing more marketable, please let me know!

Loading replies...