Finally closed on a home run flip with 35% ROI in SoCal!

4 Replies

So about 3 months ago I had posted this thinking that escrow was going to close soon after. Boy was I wrong!

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/223/topics/52...

We finally recorded and closed today. It took almost 3 months since we originally opened escrow to sell. The buyer was FHA and the lender found out later about the 90 day flip rule so had to close and reopen the file again. Fortunately, the buyers really liked the house so they were OK paying for a second appraisal. Then at the last minute the lender requested yet another (a 3rd!) appraisal, the reason being that the purchase price was less than half of the sale price and it was a HUD requirement. That's one thing I learned. So here are the numbers:

Purchase: $65,000

Rehab: $48,000

Holding, closing costs & misc: $19,000

Sale: $172,000

Net Profit: $40,000

ROI: 35%

Some pictures of the finished product:

looks like a nice cozy spot. congrats.

kudos,

Mary

Congrats @Han Oh , what area of SoCal was it located in ? I didn’t see it in original post . Can’t think of any areas that cheap these days .

@Joseph M. It was in Victorville. But even in Victorville, I consider myself lucky to have found a house for $65K.

@Han Oh yeah definitely you are right especially these days .

Did a quick search on Redfin and small homes look to start at $120k now on MLS.

Which is still much cheaper than LA or OC countries .. but still .

Are you looking to do more flips in SoCal ?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.