• Michigan City, IN
Votes |
Why I love Mondays!

Joel Florek
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Michigan City, IN
Posted Mar 27 2018, 08:51

BP,

Thought I would take a few minutes to write a post that hopefully keeps people hustling who are currently struggling with their business or frustrated with a problem that seems like a huge road block. So, here is why I love Mondays. 

A year and a half ago I was like most in the world. Sunday arrived and I was struggling to mentally deal with the inevitable situation I would end up in the next morning... work. I was a corporate pencil pusher with a cubical and all! I would wake up early, put on my dress clothes, drive to work, and make sure I wrapped up my time sheet from the week before since it was due by 10am. Thats how every Monday started for me, making sure the "man" knew what I spent every minute on over the last work week. I lived for the weekends and dreaded Monday mornings. 

Since being able to transition to investing full time and managing my portfolio of now 31 units I love Mondays. Not just because it symbolically feels like I am sticking it to the man every week. But because Monday is when I get to join my fiancee and daughter at swim class. I am able to support her being a full time stay at home mom and together we get to enjoy showing our little 11month old daughter why this world is such a beautiful and fantastic place to be. I love Mondays because its another day I choose what I want to spend my time doing. Only a couple of the dads have been able to attend a singular class and come to find out they had to take vacation days to do it... I say its great that they were able to make it but hate see the disappointment in their eyes knowing they cant do it more often. I feel for these guys. 

Loving Mondays has meant the world to me. I am truly blessed and thank all those who helped me along the way. Real estate investing has changed my life and given me the ability to live every day on my terms. I could work harder and be able to live a more extravagant life then the modest one my family does, but we travel, enjoy every day together, and know that we are masters of our time. After all our time is the most important resource we have. 

I love helping other investors and at the very least chatting and connecting to talk about the game so we can both get an opportunity to learn and progress forward! 

Comment, message me, and connect, thats why we are on BP! Lets work to design the life we want together! 

Joel

Loading replies...