Votes
Deb Hill
  • Georgia
Votes |
Courage Obtained!

Deb Hill
  • Georgia
Posted Oct 6 2010, 12:44

I'm new to "wholesaling". Learning everything I can on my own without buying "courses". BiggerPockets Forums have been my "education" and i've learned alot. I know it's all about the numbers. Here's my story. The short version...

I was on my way to town yesterday and saw many homes empty, but one caught my eye. Overgrown yard and pieces of the house hanging off. The house was vacant. I stopped and wrote down the address.

When I returned home, I jumped on the internet and tracked down the owner (which lived out of state). Took about an hour.

After getting up enough nerve (took about 2 hours), I called him. Had my "papers" ready to fill in with answers from the questions I was going to ask.

The first thing he did was lie to me! He said he was a friend of the person I was calling for. Then after I told him why I was calling he snapped at me and asked me if I was a "realtor". Imagine that.

After speaking to him for a few minutes, he began to open up to me and stated that he wanted to wait till the market picked up to sell the property. I told him I understood that.

The assessment I looked at was $69,000 for his 2/2/1. He said he wanted at least $150,000 for it. I informed him of the housing market here locally and he said if he decides to sell it, he'll give me a call.

Even tho I did not get a contract on that property - I now have the courage to continue going forward! Wow was I nervous!

I just want to thank everyone on BiggerPockets for posting the information they do. You rock!

:D

Loading replies...