Deal Made on BP!

10 Replies

Hello BP nation,
A while back Harry M. posted about his new purchase and success. I also wanted to let folks know about the other side of the deal, because this was a classic win/win/win.

Recently I came across a very good deal, but knew I wouldn't be able to get it funded due to another closing only a week before. I did not expect both offers to be accepted, and found myself with two fully executed contracts. The deal was good enough to sell itself, and I decided I wanted to give back to BiggerPockets.

My plan was to go down my list of colleagues and find one interested. If that didn't work, I'd post in the make deals forum, and list here on BP. If I still had no takers, I'd go to the masses. Harry M. was my second colleague on the list. He was interested right away and in a week we had the contract assigned and documents filed. The closing went off without a hitch, and we all, me Harry, and the Seller walked away very happy individuals.

Thanks BP! If anyone would like more details, or suggestions for using the site, please check out this blog post: http://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/1378/blog_posts/9582-success-story-or-how-i-found-a-buyer-on-bp-

Don't you just love this site? :woohoo:

Makes you feel like a first round draft pick huh Edward. Awsome job!!

Congrats to both you and Harry! I'm looking forward to seeing both of you at the BP Dallas meetup on 10/27 and maybe witnessing another deal!

Congratulations. Just one more example of how important connections are.

It has been great to hear about your business through your various posts. I would certainly recommend that any new wholesalers should follow Edward's posts. Thanks, Edward for sharing so much about your wholesale business.

Thanks for posting your side of our deal! It was a pleasure working with you, and I'm positive this won't be the last time we do business together.
I only found BP a few months ago, and when I first looked around, I immediately recognized it was going to a valuable resource for learning. I would have been totally amazed if you had told me then that not only was I going to learn a great deal, but that BP was going to lead to a very nice deal only a few months down the road!

Awesome job you two!!! I've done some deals with fellow BP members and it was a great thing. I don't have a link but I was fortunate enough to have Josh highlight my deal which was really really cool and now the other party to that deal is doing big things in big ways and I couldn't be happier to have worked with him.

I hope you two find reasons to work with each other again. Great partnerships in RE are hard to come by and are worth their weight in gold.. I look forward to hearing of the next success story from either one of you.

That's awesome !! congratulations! Its' a great testament to this site that real people can get together to make real deals happen.

good job - hope to hear more inspiring stories

That's Awesome, Edward! Thanks for sharing -- I've shared the link to the forum post around a bit for all to see (you guys can do the same with the new share links at the upper right of the page)....

This is another reason why everyone should invite their friends and colleagues, as well as the other investors in their real estate clubs and area . . . the more people we get on the site, the more opportunities for sharing success stories we'll all have.

I just wanted to thank everyone for all the support. You've all been very kind, and I have to be honest, all the extra visibility has really given my new business a boost. Things are really starting to happen, and I can honestly say it's due entirely to connections made through BP. You folks really know how to make a fella feel welcome. :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by Jon Klaus:
Congrats to both you and Harry! I'm looking forward to seeing both of you at the BP Dallas meetup on 10/27 and maybe witnessing another deal!

Congratulations Edward, way to go!!

Jon, is the dallas meetup a regular thing? I will be in Dallas on Nov 6 till after thanks giving and would love to attend.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here