Sending letters instead of postcard. What color envelop is best?

1 Reply

I'm farming a specific area and decided it was in this case worth the extra money for letters rather than a post card.  I have the option of yellow, pink or white envelop.  What color gets the best/positive response?

Originally posted by @David M Royster :

I'm farming a specific area and decided it was in this case worth the extra money for letters rather than a post card.  I have the option of yellow, pink or white envelop.  What color gets the best/positive response?

Good to meet you David.

The depends a lot of what color the paper is and what type of letter it is. If a pastel you will want to stay with the same color envelope. If a true yellow letter I will always send them in an invitation envelope. If a yellow Letter beige or yellow. Never white unless I am sending it out in a window envelope. 

On the invitation envelope I have had very good success printing children's are on the envelopes here is an example.

If a typed letter then I will always send it out in a #10 white envelope with logo and professional font.

With all of this said we are in one of the two months that I would use pink paper and pink invitation envelope. 

In July I would absolutely change it to a Patriot Letter and blue envelope. 

The oversized Grand Letters are very nice because we can print art on the envelope and make it very special. 

Back to letters. I am seeing very good numbers on my naked letters. The price point is very close to a postcard and the message causes a higher volume of calls. So for me calls count as everyone goes into our followup system... The nice thing about the Naked Letter besides price is that it doesnt need an envelope. 

Sorry for the long answer

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here