Completed my first Flip in Canton ga.

160 Replies

Daniel, nice job! It looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing the numbers and all the great pictures.  What was the most important thing you learned during the process? Anything you will do differently on your next one?

We are hoping to get our LLC this week and find a property to flip in the next month Daniel in Gwinnett County. Very excited and hope to have a hard money investor figured out this week on who has the best offer.

Thanks,

Duke

Congrats! Looks great.

What type of floors are those? I see you have them throughout the whole property. Is that typical in your area? I'm in the Detroit area and that might not work here. Also, great numbers. Area those numbers typical on a flip there? 

All the best!

Wowwww... Chin dropping flip. 

@Daniel Andrews   The work looks amazing! Congrats! What do the comps look like? and most importantly have you located your next flip?!

Very nice turn around. Beautiful photos and work. Did you do all the work yourself? Where did you find your contractors? 

Congrats looks great...Good luck on the sale..

Hey David seems like you did a great job. Should be able to sell fast bc of a job well done. Good luck and thanks for the spreadsheet info

It looks lovely!  I would be very tempted by it!  Kudos for taking the leap.

5 month rehab for cosmetic? seems a bit long. but the real shocker is 26k to do all of that. again, cosmetic but still. must have not pulled permits. as you know, it's not a completed flip til it closes and you get the check. :)  $50k sounds awfully high of a profit. you'd think there would be more higher offers when you bought with that much spread.  keep us updated or share the link to the listing. looks nice! remember, showings are just the start. you need offers then hope they don't back out (most don't but some do) then pass home inspection then appraise then close. lot of hoops to jump thru still.

Wonderful job!  Really, I should know, as I've seen some rehabs that were so cheaply and unattractively done that I didn't pursue in purchasing when I was searching in Orlando to buy and rent. 

Very proud of you and continued success!

Very nice job on this one. The house looks great and the numbers even better. Keep up the great work.

Looks great! Congrats on your first flip. I live over in Woodstock and do a lot of deals around Cobb and Cherokee county. Would be open to talking to you sometime about some deals. Keep up the great work! 

Awesome flip!!! Canton is hot right now!!! Is it near the new hospital? I'm in Holly Springs and love the area.

House looks great.  Staging might bring a sooner offer at higher price.  

great job brother, that looks gorgeous!

The only extra thing I would do is stage the home. Probably different in GA but here in CA, money invested in staging is always worth it and helps sell homes faster and for more. 

Everything else is perfect and your remodeling looks great. Did you change the floorplan (add an extra bedroom for instance)? Because going from $125k to $225k (+80%) in house value is a tremendous forced appreciation (unless you bought it way underpriced). Does the recent sales in the area support your selling price? 

Hi Justin , the house is awesome and well done.  My husband andI  have 2 rental properties in Georgia, we are living  in California.  We would love to do a flip one day but I feel it is an additional risk if you aren't living close by the house  that you are flipping.   Right now we have a good contractor that is pretty reliable out in the  Woodstock area.  Would you recommend getting involved in doing a flip if we do not live in the state?  I would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,

Charisse

Thanks @Walter Key I will contract out the stuff that took me way to long. haha. Like repairing drywall. I just got an offer today for 215k

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here