Completed my first Flip in Canton ga.

160 Replies

This post has been removed.

ah, now it makes sense trying to hit the 50k margin. if you did all of that work yourself, you prolly saved $20k in labor. how many hours of work would you say you put in?

Originally posted by @Daniel Andrews :

@Kenny Lincoln The floors are luxury vinyl planks, engineered wood floors. I did all the work myself except from the exterior paint. Total reno took 5 months and total holding time will be around 6-7 months. I am hoping to cut that time in half next flip.

@Jose Luis Hidalgo thank you

LVP to the front and FTW. I placed some in a rental of mine as well.

Congrats on completing the renovations on your flip! That is definitely a great profit margin at that price point.

What will you change on your next flip to decrease the renovation timeframe?

Hey bud, looks great. IT says you're in Marietta, I'm in Kennesaw/Dallas...wouldn't mind making your acquaintance...My wife and I will be making our first purchase before the year is out.

@David K. sounds good. 

@Tony Le Claire I will use some more contract work to help reduce holding time. 

@Justin Wittock I have a few small businesses that allow to have some flexibility with my time. 

@John S Lewis I did not account for appreciation on my ARV calculations. I was conservative on my ARV.

@Melvin Hazelton thanks. send me your contact info. 

@Scott W. I spent about 20-25 hours a week to start.  Towards the end I spent 7 days a week about 4-5 hours a day. I am a full time dad of two kids so its a juggling act. 

I like the 'open floor-plan'... The color palette and how you didn't cheap out on the countertops and looks like way you used way better than builder grade finishes. The bathroom vanity is lovely and buyers need the storage. Wish you could have posted 'before' pictures. I love the porch. Keep us updated on what happens, when you WILL sell soon!

Originally posted by @Vicki Violet :

I like the 'open floor-plan'... The color palette and how you didn't cheap out on the countertops and looks like way you used way better than builder grade finishes. The bathroom vanity is lovely and buyers need the storage. Wish you could have posted 'before' pictures. I love the porch. Keep us updated on what happens, when you WILL sell soon!

He did post before pics a few pages back

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here