Tax lien and tax deed homes

4 Replies

Hi I'm a newbie. Live in Oklahoma City, Ok and would like to know how to purchase tax lien/tax deed homes here in Oklahoma. I have a friend in Alabama who does this and I can not find any info on how to do the same. Appreciate and info or advice. Thanks.

Brandon - I too invest in both areas and can tell you that they are completely different States (counties). They also have there own set of rules for processing redemptions, etc. and you may or may not know, OK City n Tulsa just completed their sale. Being that they held on the same day, I pursued Tulsa and had a very successful outcome. You will need to check with the other counties to find out when they are holding their auctions.

Welcome to the Group n good hunting!
Charlie

@Brandon Stewart There is a lot of info here on BP. You should read up on this topic in the forums first. It depends on your end game on how you should go about this. Do you want to primarily make the interest or primarily try and get properties? Also each state is different. Tax Lien states are different than Tax Deed states. Some states are much better for doing this than others.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you