• Realtor
  • Minoa, NY
Votes |
This has been my best month yet

Brian Barfoot
  • Realtor
  • Minoa, NY
Posted Jul 15 2018, 18:44

I don't usually do the brag post but it's been a good July and I know people out there will appreciate this as members of "my tribe."

I got my license about a year ago to help with purchasing my own SFRs but so far had neither sold anything nor worked as a buyer's agent. Then a friend called me up and asked her to find a house. We eventually found one she loved and it's a HUD which meant I got to do a lot of learning while earning my first commission check. We cleared the last of the PIA hurdles and should close in the next few weeks.

In addition, our worst SFR (as far as cash flow was going) had their lease come up and they moved out to buy a house of their own. We did a quick paint-and-clean and put it on the market to see what would happen and within four days we had a signed contract for 67% more than we paid for it two years ago. We should have enough cash after closing to but two more singles and end up with four times the cash flow.

These are little victories but both 'firsts' for me and are building my confidence that I can do this real estate thing as my only gig before too long. At this rate I should have four houses on my own and three more with the partner by the end of the year and if I can double that total I won't have to work anymore. Retired at 40 is starting to look like an attainable goal which blows my mind since it was a joke only a couple of years ago. 

I hope our good fortune spreads across the forums and that all of you have a productive and victory-filled summer!

Loading replies...