Votes
Carlos Vega
  • St. Louis, MO
Votes |
My first deal: West Coast to the Midwest

Carlos Vega
  • St. Louis, MO
Posted Jul 15 2018, 19:56
Its been close to two years since my first and last post. Since then I've relocated from Southern California to St. Louis Missouri area. I couldn't afford to make my real estate investment dreams become a reality or I wasn't thinking creatively. Anyways I finally pulled the trigger last month and purchased a 1600 sqft duplex (1bed, 1 bath units) for 90k with the intentions to owner occupy. Got the state to help with my down (they gave me 3600). My out of pocket was about 4100 including closing, inspection and earnest money. Currently in the process of moving one tenant out from the unit that I'll be occupying and keeping the other tenant there who will be paying more than half of my mortgage, my portion being $250!! I'm looking to put about 15-20k of work in and for an ARV of about 130k. I know it wasnt the best deal but I had to make a move, plus I'm only 2 miles from work now vs. 40. I hope to refi in 6 months, pay back the 3600 to the state and buy another duplex on the same street. My property is one of 15 identical duplexs on the same street. The goal is to own all 15!

Loading replies...