Investing in D areas. South Florida

2 Replies

Good afternoon everyone I’m from south Florida ( Fort Lauderdale area) and I’m curious to what you all think about investing in D area rentals. It’s very competitive here, and I’m new to investing. It seems like there is a lot of properties for sale in D areas (multi and single family homes). Also thoughts on buying from a wholesaler. If anyone is from the south Florida I would definitely like to link up and learn from a seasoned investor.

See my post in your other thread.  I live in Fort Lauderdale and understand well how competitive it is.  I also see deals pretty regularly and while I don't buy in "D" areas personally ( a lack of time), I would if it made sense given my personal circumstance.  If you have your priorities straight, your objectives clear, your systems established, then there is no reason why "D" investment can't be a part of your program.  I know a lot of "D" investors that have made a killing doing it.  Its just more labor intensive and requires a great deal more planning and vigilance.  Good luck 

Originally posted by @Michael J Martinez :
Good afternoon everyone

I’m from south Florida ( Fort Lauderdale area) and I’m curious to what you all think about investing in D area rentals. It’s very competitive here, and I’m new to investing. It seems like there is a lot of properties for sale in D areas (multi and single family homes). Also thoughts on buying from a wholesaler. If anyone is from the south Florida I would definitely like to link up and learn from a seasoned investor.

Hi Michael, there is competition in Fort Lauderdale in all markets. if you have time to work with D properties it could work for you. It depends on your personal preference and time. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you