James Vermillion
  • Lexington, KY
Votes |
First rehab on the market! Thanks!

James Vermillion
  • Lexington, KY
Posted Feb 23 2011, 00:46

All,

I want to thank the many of the posters (you know who you are) who have helped me out over the last year or so. I went from knowing very little to starting a business, finishing my real estate license coursework, developing a business plan, purchasing my first property, rehabbing the property and now the house is on the market. I have learned a ton from BiggerPockets, so thanks to Josh and the experienced and willing to help posters.

As for the rehab, we budgeted $25K and the final number is right around $23,500, so I am thrilled with that. It took about a week and a half longer than I had planned, but I am not too upset about that, as I was able to get a few "extras" in. Once the property sells (hopefully soon) I will post the details of the deal. I learned a lot of lessons and kept a detailed record of things I can do better on the next one, so that is exciting for the future. I have 3 offers in for my next property, so with any luck I will have something under contract soon.

You can check out my website to see several pictures of the inside transformation (just click the portfolio tab). I will be posting pictures of the completed outside shortly (I was waiting for the new wood on the porch to be painted).

Thanks again for all your help, guidance, and education...what a bunch of gurus you all are! :mrgreen:

Loading replies...