A quick flip... that was not so quick

5 Replies

Let this be a lesson. The power of a ranking website is priceless.. well.. in this case it is $80K in a few weeks...

But who is counting..

ARV $315K

Buying price $190K

Cost Of Repairs $15K - $20K

Profit: $80K +

While holding the property it was nightmare after nightmare. (this was supposed to be  2 week rehab)... obviously.. it wasn't.

After:

Before:

Originally posted by @Dymond Shafer :

@Jerryll Noorden  Great before and after pics!  Please expand on "power of a ranking website."  So how long did it take you to flip?

We get leads like this because we are in front of people EXACTLY when they need us.

This lead was a "bad " lead by any and all standards.

The seller purchased the house in 2007, and it  was in good shape, just dirty.

So this lead would just be a "waste of time" red flag. Lucky for us, the seller needed to sell fast, had no mortgage and was ready to go. We told them they should list it with an agent. FOr reasons I will not mention that has to do with the 20th of May WINK WINK they couldn't ist it.

So they found us, because we have the best website in the world  (We outsource our SEO to magical fairies) they found us and that free lead is about to give us over $80K.

Why? Just because of a website!

So seller wanted to stay in the house for a month. So we charged them 1 months rent.  Then 2 weeks before they moved out we were supposed to have painters come i and paint. That was delayed because of... well.. needles all over the place. Then we decided to remove all carpet and continue hardwood floors along the existing hardwood floors. Well we picked the wrong stinking hardwood. Red oak was original, and we picked white oak. After poly, it was super obvious and it just wouldn't fly. So we had to sand the entire thing and stain it a dark color. The first crew that did that messed up the sanding. REDO, New Company second crew that did that messed up the staining REFRIGIN DO New company.. One thing after an other started messing up and it all lasted I think 6 to 8 weeks...

But it is finally there now...

Originally posted by @Jon Crosby :

Nice job @Jerryll Noorden!  Love the signage you use out front during rehab, great idea!  

Jon that banner is 3 miles wide and 15 thousand feet high!

Cars stop, people knock on the door, that thing has given me about 4 leads a day average. It is crazy!!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you