My First Investment Offer

3 Replies

1. Started out looking for an apartment (way to expensive) last year. (Tampa, Fl area)  
  2. Worked with a poor Real Estate agent looking for a 2/1 single family home. Fired agent.
  3. Worked with another agent who was not opened about her open-ended condo deal. She was both the owner, and the selling agent. tried selling me a condo for $18,000.00 over value, canceled out of offer
  4. I know nothing about real estate / investing. 
  5. Found Biggerpockets / Brandon T. / Robert Kiyosaki, and started working on my financial / investment IQ.
  6. Found a professional real estate agent who has experience working with investors. 
  7. Put my first offer on a rental property (duplex) today 9/17/18.  WooooooHoooooo!!!!!!

Thank you Biggerpockets, keep doing the great work that you do. So grateful.

P.S. Anyone know of any books I can read for investing in multi-family / duplex's for cashflow?

Ty Ramjohn

The deal fell through, we couldn't come to an agreement on the price. He wanted way to much for the property. This would be the fourth real estate deal that fell through in the past year. I fell like I'm doing something wrong, however without any experience / reference it's hard to tell exactly what. :(

The good news is I found another duplex that's' bank owned in the same area for about $70,000.00 under market value. It needs a lot of work. From the pictures I saw, it seems the duplex had mold in both units. I'm hoping to see it within the week, along with my real estate agent and contractor. I'm hoping to close using a 203K with a nice chunk of equity. :) 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you