Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Anson Young
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
My last deal, 3 BP members, quick closing, SUCCESS!

Anson Young
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Denver, CO
Posted Mar 22 2011, 03:35

Hi all, first of all, as you know, BP rocks!

I posted a wholsale here, and it was under contract the next day with a BP member, Kyle W. Super nice guy, we chatted a long while at starbucks while putting the deal together. My transactional funder was another BP member, Ted Akers who is super easy to deal with, an all around great guy and got this deal done super quick. He and I ended up chatting a long while at wells fargo to sign his paperwork.

I only had around 2.5 weeks to close, Kyle and Ted both came through perfectly with an on time double closing.

Ted gets his fee, I get mine, and Kyle got a house 71% of ARV AFTER rehab. All in all, 3 BP members profited from this deal. I asked for some $$ off for inspection and passed the savings on to Kyle.

Kyle W is a smart dude, has multiple money sources, knows rehab very well, and has a few deals under his belt already and I KNOW he will be a great success (hell, already is). He just moved to the top of my wholesale list, a very good buyer to work with.

Things I learned: When going in and out of town on a family emergency in the middle of a transaction, quadruple check title got your EMD check so it dosnt blow up the deal. Also, make sure they credit the right EMD to the right transaction!

Make sure the title company you use dosnt force the 1st side seller (bank) to sign a concurrent closing affidavit. Basically, I learned way too late that they require this on any hold open transaction that closes within 180 days of the original closing. Believe me, I argued with their lawyer long enough, but they assure me its their underwriting requirement. Well, thats what you get for using a title company owned by foreclosure attorneys. In the end, it wasnt a big deal, but the wrong asset manager on the wrong day could have blown this sky high.

Thanks guys!

Anson

Loading replies...