My First BRRRR! With Pictures!

214 Replies

Cam yes we are looking to invest outside of our market here in Southern Oregon.  We are presently looking at a couple deals in Illinois.

That is great that you too have Lowes and Home Depoe.  Here many of us prefer Lowes because our Lowes puts the price for the cost of installation right there in the area, and the departments are very helpful if you don't immediately see the installation cost.

If by chance you are a veteran such as myself I automatically get a 10% discount at Home Depoe and at Lowes.

Let me ask you a few questions to get to know your interests better.  Do you like to Hunt - Fish.  I use to do both.  Fortunately Southern Oregon is beautiful with several lakes to include National Park - Crater Lake.  There is fishing and hunting here.  We are close to the Pacific Crest Trail, Mt Ashland for sking, there is snowboarding, cross shoeing, hiking.  We are a short drive to California border and about two hours to the coast.  We have theater, Arts, Music, and a large University nearby.

Alice

I truly love what you did on the rehab of this place.  Heloc is a good way to go.  Great that you have an awesome father that believes in you.  Some of us are very fortunate and I was years ago with my father and my first home I bought.  Can't wait to see the next one.  

Great looking house awesome job. 

Cam Jimmy, good for you!! I live in Eagle River, AK and have bought property here as well as in Wasilla. My biggest problem is finding contractors who will actually show up and do what they said they would do. Their excuse is "the snow, the traffic,  truck won't start, girlfriend had a doctor's appointment" - which is crazy-making, of course. You've been able to do some of the rehab yourself, but I can't. If you know of any reliable workers who actually show up, let me know!!

@Dolly Caswell Thanks Dolly. The way I get my contractors to show up, is to keep bugging them, and not pay anything (Unless I absolutely have to pay materials up front) until they finish the job. I also sometimes use the more expensive bid on some jobs, because they seem more professional. Just keep on bugging them and they'll show up if they want the money :) If you ever need a specific task done, I may have some people that I can ask that I know are reliable..just PM me.

This post has been removed.

Looks great -- inspiring!

great job..so encouraging. I have funds but having a hard time finding the right place. I'm in the business . I have never tried the auction house..

@Cam Jimmy Very nice job on your first BRRRR. Thank you for all the information you have shared and the picture is awesome. This has been very motivational as I'm doing my research to do my 1st BRRRR. Thanks again! Keep up the great work!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here