Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Jorge P.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Jersey City, NJ
Votes |
Finishing up 2018 Strong $150,000+- on this Flip!!!

Jorge P.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Jersey City, NJ
Posted Dec 10 2018, 18:45

Hello to all of the BP Community,

I wanted to take the time & share a success story with you all. 

Goal: To Encourage, Inspire & Motivate. 

The Deal: 

I bought this property from a direct mailer i had sent out in 2017. The owner had tried renovating the property but had ran out of         money. I bought the property for $200,000 in March of 2018. 

I had the funding to renovate the property & was ready to start the work. In NYC you need to have architect open the Job In order to get a work permit. 

In the time it took for me to get the permit, I started to receive offers on the property from buyers willing to take the property as is. some of the offers that came in were for $325k , $350k, $375k, $399k. I considered ALL offers but decided to go with the last one :-) 

it was an ALL cash over , closing in less then 30 days.  I was very happy with the outcome of the deal. The buyer was brought to me by another BP member who I had met on BP last year.  

Lesson Learned:  NETWORK, NETWORK, NETWORK... because you never know where your next deal will come from.

ProfitI netted close to $150,000 on the deal after closing cost , brokers fees, etc... Not a bad way to end the year. 

Wishing you all happy holidays & a Strong clear Goal for 2019!! 

JP 

Loading replies...