Maurice Smith
Pro Member
Votes |
My first 4 plex ..First property... First real investment

Maurice Smith
Pro Member
Posted Dec 14 2018, 14:57

My first 4 plex "Las vegas"

First let me start off my introducing my self and letting everybody know this will be my first property ever, an investment property at that. my name is maurice. Im 26 years old and currently reside in the bay area (born and raised) were rent is expensive as hell and the price of a single family home are over 1 million dollars ( were talking 3 bedroom 2 bathroom homes). I am currently employed in the medical field. I make good money at my job, i have no kids at the moment, and have goals of one day becoming financially independent. I do not want to live on w2 income, i want to live/ thrive on passive income, cash flow, etc. which explains the reason why im interested in investing in real estate, more so multi family/ commercial real estate before my 30's.

I have always been a risk taker in life, very ambitious, strong minded individual. Some might see that as a bad thing others .might see it as a good thing. As long as i can remember i have always told my self i would never work for a boss for the rest of my life, and that one day i would become my own boss. i grew up single mother , no father figure, and low income. so the "struggle" was and still is a constant reminder of how important making it to the top really is to me.

Now that you have a brief background about my self, let me jump into the fun stuff:

Back in July of 2018 . A family friend introduced me to one of his good friends who is a investor. come to find out not only is he an investor, he is also a licensed real estate broker from california who moved out to las vegas several years back . I was able to exchange contacts with him, and im sure we all knows what happens next. well if not, i was convinced to invest into the las vegas market. Multi family vs single family was a choice i had to make, and if las vegas would even be a market i would consider. At the end of the day im all about making money. investing in MFH gave me more cash flow compared to SFH, so i decided to focus my interest on just that. Next i had to do some research on the market . I found out that LV not only has property for much cheaper then CA ( go figure huh) Lv has a lot more tax incentives, and Nevada is a land lord friendly state.These are all green lights in my eyes. let me not forget about all the new developments going on present time. my price

is now a good time to invest? How is 89108 zip code?  what should i worry about? what areas to avoid? what areas to buy in? any news i can use? will the rates becoming higher effect the market? my price range is 320-380k.

I will update you guys with my progress, currently I have a agent who i am working with. I have a couple of 4 plex options on the table . and a offer currently pending.

regardes,

-Maurice 

Loading replies...