• Detroit, MI
Votes |
1st Wholesale deal from Networking & Hard work

Jamiel Strickland
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Detroit, MI
Posted Dec 18 2018, 07:19

Hey BP family!

I helped a Buyer(investor) buy a Duplex in Detroit for $20k. Needs no work done. The investor is the happiest guy in California right now, he wants to me to find him more properties in Detroit lol.

I helped the seller make money that is helping them complete their move to another city. They are happy it was under 30 days and fast!

What makes this such a good story is the fact all this came from 3 things.

1. Networking

2. Honesty

3. Going above and beyond for both parties

I never met buyer(investor) in person! Crazy! I met his son at an REI meetup and we developed a good relationship. He is from California and moved down to Ann Arbor to start a new job. He would tell me about how California is a market where the worst homes can sell for close to a half a million dollars, and was just so blown away how you can buy a home in Detroit for under 30k (if you have a good wholesaler like me lol) on a nice street in good condition. The son showed his dad and that is how I found the buyer(investor).

The seller called my Bandit sign (It is legal in Detroit I checked). I answered and scheduled a day to meet with the seller at the home. She said the only reason she invited me over to see the property is that "She felt the honesty and professionalism in our conversation when we spoke on the phone for the first time." She said she called other bandit signs but they were so unprofessional she would hang up. I met at their house and just talked to the married couple as people. I did not hard sell them, I asked how I can help them. I actually told them, to use a realtor because I did not think I could help them for the price was a little high. She called back a week later and rather do business with me for a lower price.

I do not let my investor just buy a home in Detroit! I help them before and after. I teach them how the market here in Detroit works, I set them up with a team of people they can call, and many things that most real estate agents or wholesalers would never do because it takes up a lot of time.

Announcing myself as a Wholesaler in Detroit, I get a lot of eyebrows raised, which I should! Detroit is a hard market and many bad stories of agents and wholesalers leaving them dry or scamming them.  

BUT!!!!!!! 

Because of this, when I do go over and beyond and work with high integrity, people see that and want to work with me. I can help more investors make high returns and solve sellers problems. Nothing is more important than your name. 

( I do no boasting of my own, I give all glory to God and through him, I can be good)

Loading replies...