My First Deal = 6 Doors!

89 Replies

@Josh R. your story is very motivating. As a new investor just starting out, stories like yours is teaching me not to be as apprehensive about taking the next step and put into action what I have been learning. Thank you and your wife for the additional boost. I have been reading various books, podcasts and just started going to REIA meetings this month, which is where I learned about BP.

I love love love this story - I am all fired up reading about you and your family's success. If I could get my wife to jump on board... work in progress. 

This quote: "Set goals and reverse engineer them to find out where you need to start, then take action!"

I work for a PM company and I really respect your concept on: "my wife wants to start a Property Management company in Rocky Mount that will actually care about the Investor and Tenant" I feel the same way!!! A much needed white glove customer service oriented mentality would really have an impact. 

I'm in Greensboro - (newbie alert) - how do I find your meetups?? @Josh R.  

@Jeremy Albers I Pm'd you, but the meetups I post up for the second wednesday of every month starting at 6 PM EST. Be sure to look on the events tab to keep up to date with locations and we are growing and are searching for bigger places. Please come, share your story, talk, and enjoy all the great people that are coming to these meetups!

Everyone, its so great to see so many people that are making things happen here in BP. Again, I cant do it without smarter people than myself and am truly humbled by the people I know and the new people I see that its hard not to be fired up every day about the possibilities! 

Some reason the link was taken down on the main page but here it is again for the airbnb treehouse: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/31220080?preview_for_ml=true&guests=1&adults=1 

@Josh R. I knew I should be logging on to this site more often.  Just catching up on this post.  Congrats to you and Marcie on all of your perseverance!  In my personal opinion, that tree house is more impressive than the 6 unit deal!  Best of luck!

@ Josh R,

Kudos!  Sounds like you 2 have hit critical mass!!

All that BP binging has returned 10 fold.

Hope your better half will pursue PM; there's a process the guys @ 'RentPrep for Landlords' suggest in their podcast #209 that may help reduce excess calls.  if interested she can  tune in :)

Congrats again!

EFH

Thank you @Josh R. for sharing your back story and insights!  Having virtually no experience in real estate investing, you've shown me that I can add value in ways that can create opportunity for everyone.  Congratulations on the monster first deal!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here