Votes |
Quit my 9 to 5 Job to do Real Estate Full-time - Windsor, ON

Aditya Soma
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Windsor, Ontario
Posted Jan 22 2019, 14:45

My Story - who am I and why I quit my job 

I'm Aditya Kumar Soma

Born and raised in India, in a hard-working formers family, residing in Windsor Ontario Canada 

In 2012, after my graduation moved to Canada for higher education with 50,000+ debits.

Graduated from Lambton College in Saria with an IT professional degree, after graduation struggled very hard for more than 6 months to get a job as Software Developer, while working I realized my income from job is not taking me anywhere, whereas I have so many dreams I want to give a better life for my parents, travel to back home whenever I wanted... but with job it took me more than 2years to just pay off my student debt, so I started searching for secondary income, tried many different things like MLM(Amway), Uber, E-commerce Biz...I wasn't happy with neither of them, because few I'm just trading time for money, for others I wasn't enjoying the process, somehow in that research I read RICH DAD POOR DAD(I'm sure many of you read this book), in which Robert Kiyosaki talks about real estate rentals, so I search for books on rental property LUCKY FOUND BRANDONS BOOK(Rental property Investing) which lead me to this awesome community[BP], while reading slowly started analyzing/viewing properties, making local investor friends and purchased my first Duplex on March 1st 2017, after that didn't look back so far purchased 15 doors[7 properties] and raised over 600K cash for my deals. In this Journey, many times I felt this is where I belong to, so I got Realtor License todo Real Estate Full Time and, gave my resignation at work on Jan 17th, Jan 31st will be my last day at the corporate job. 

Also in this process, start my youtube channel to share my real estate journey.) 

Sharing my story to give hope for beginners and to hear suggestions from PRO's .

Thank you so much in advance for taking the time to read my story - please feel free to share your thoughts 

Disclaimer: English is not my first language so please forgive me for my grammatical errors 

Loading replies...