Quit my 9 to 5 Job to do Real Estate Full-time - Windsor, ON

63 Replies

Originally posted by @Kate J. :

@Aditya Soma

Wait, what? every unit cashflows for 1k or you total cashflow is 1k for 15! units? In the last case scenario I just dont get why on the earth you quite your job...

Agreed, although I'm definitely rooting for OP, this doesn't sit well in the near term. That's pretty thin. One major repair on any of the 15 units and it's going to wipe out a HUGE chunk of cash flow for the entire year. Need to really grind as an RE agent cause the cashflow definitely won't cut it at this point. Although, I am impressed with the story, and do think if OP can make it far enough down the road that the properties have started to pay themselves off, he'll be in really good shape someday.

Congrats. Quitting your daily cash flow gig to jump into REI is a hard move for most. I burned the candle at both ends before transitioning full time to REI. Congrats.

@Mike Oliveira Thank you - looking forward to hearing your story soon then. Feel free to reach out to me if you need any help in Windsor  

@Stacey Parker-Herman  Thank you - Yeah I'm sure it will

@Jadel M Patterson  I agree 100% - Thanks Jadel - good luck with your exams 

@Kate J. Yes 1k cash flow, but I'm leaving my job to do it full time(NOT RETIREMENT). With the skills, network and visibility I have gained in the last 2 years I'm very confident that I can make way more money than my salary while enjoying the process  

@Bright Ayalingo Thank you

@Luis Zuniga financially I'm not ready, but mentally I'm ready to kill it, I was thinking about it from last 3 years, recently at some event I heard someone saying that what is the worst could happen, I can go back and find another job, but the upside is way-way bigger

@CJ Hamlin Thanks a lot for the encouragement- yeah I won't let anyone steal my dreams

@Sara Shinn Thank you Sara - I believe that

@James Ma Thank you so much for the kind words

@Aaron Hunt I agree with you 100% realist side of real estate I can have major repairs any time in near futures.

my wife is working and some cashflow + 60K LOCs can keep us survive until I start making money for living from sales. I strongly believe in myself and prepared to work AO in the next few years 

@Ian Walsh Yeah it's hard to make that decision - I spent 100's of hours thinking about it, more I thought more it very clear that I want to leave life without regrets so  if I don't pull the trigger now then I'm sure I will regret in future what if I do it now and give the best for next couple of years if it doesn't work out then surely I can go back to work again 

@Aditya Soma congrats! I was able to leave my job close to a year ago... I however soon realized that my journey had just begun. Best of luck and stay hungry leaving the W2 is just the first step as I am discovering.

Go get it @Aditya Soma , remember success starts in the mind first.

I am cheering for you and your success

Originally posted by @Aditya Soma :

@Aaron Hunt I agree with you 100% realist side of real estate I can have major repairs any time in near futures.

my wife is working and some cashflow + 60K LOCs can keep us survive until I start making money for living from sales. I strongly believe in myself and prepared to work AO in the next few years 

Congrats to you. That great to quit 9-5.  

sorry for stupid question but what is LOCs mean ? 

@Collin Schwartz Thanks Collin, Yup that's is right its just the beginning of the crazy ride 

@Luis Zuniga so true - in my mind already a successful Investor & Agent  - Thanks Man

@Tom Nguyen Thank you brother - LOC: Line of Credit like a credit card except its low interest rate

@Jennifer Thompson   Thanks a lot Jennifer for kind words 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here