• Carolina Beach, NC
Votes |
Year One - 7 Deals and No Money Invested

Joe Prillaman
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Carolina Beach, NC
Posted Jun 5 2019, 21:20

Ok no money is a bit of a stretch but none the less this has been an epic year! I have put little to no money down and have increased my net worth substantially through forced appreciation, positive cashflow, and debt pay down. 

I joined BP in January of 2017 and purchased my 1st deal on June 5th 2019 (I know i'm posting this one day late sue me I was working on my duplex). The Bigger Pockets Podcast got me from knowing nothing about real estate to where I am today. I have read more books over the past year than I have read my entire life. Huge shout out to BP and everyone who makes this community happen. You have changed my life! 

Here is where we are at!

Property 1: BRRRR, Single Family in Fayetteville, NC

Property 2: BRRRR, Single Family in Fayetteville, NC

Property 3: BRRRR, Single Family in Fayetteville, NC

Property 4: BRRRR, Single Family in Fayetteville, NC

Property 5: Sorta BRRRR still trying to figure out the whole refinancing thing, Vacation Rental Duplex (AirBnB) in Carolina Beach, NC

Property 6: House Hack, Vacation Rental Duplex (AirBnB) in Carolina Beach, NC - Closed on this one June 5th 2019!!!!!

Property 7: 1st property (Purchased before I knew anything about real estate) Turned into a Single Family Rental.

Last but not least I started a BP meet up group that meets monthly and we are awesome ... so come hang out 1st Tuesday of every month. 

Over 100K in forced equity and positive cashflow every month. I've got way to many people to thank but @Alexander Felice, @Clint Harris, @Shelby (Osborne) Johnson, @Joshua Dorkin, @Brandon Turner, David Green, Scott Trench, is a good start. Sure I've only actually met Shelby, Alex, and Clint but who cares I will find the rest of you and we will be friends. 

Thanks again for all the help. Looking forward to year two! 

Loading replies...