Just closed on a zero percent interest owner finance deal!

11 Replies

Yesterday I closed on my 8th rental unit. Its a 900 ft 2/1 that I bought for 54k, it's probably worth 70k as is. Terms were 5k down, and $450 principal-only payments till its paid off, so a little over 9 years. The first payment is due in October. It will rent for $800 a month and will require another $1500 to get it rent ready. The seller has put on a new roof, water heater, and water pipes the last few years so hopefully there won't be any major cap-ex.

I found this deal by putting an "I buy houses" post on the Facebook social network page of the small town I invest it, didn't cost me a cent. The owner had been renting it out to one deadbeat after another and was exhausted. I met him in person and I offered principal-only payments and he said he was okay with it, he was just tired of dealing with tenants. 

@Nolan M. Outstanding.  I hold out hope for owner financing, and it makes perfect sense.  Just have to convince the sellers. Sounds like your seller didn't need convincing.  He saw being a note holder was much better than being a landlord.

Congrats!! After 2 years or so of making on time payments offer the seller a ballon payment less then the current amount owed to settle the debt! I have a buddy who bought a vacation home on seller financing then 2 years after paying offered to settle the debt and saved 60k on the purchase!

Dang! I don't suppose the seller has any OTHER properties he wants to get rid of? I've dealt with deadbeat, & I have friends-of-friends in the area I could probably stay with while rehabbing...

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here