Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Jacob Turner
Votes |
90 day challenge complete

Jacob Turner
Posted Sep 16 2019, 19:14

So not even a week before I started the 90 day challenge back in August, I knew nothing about real estate or was even thinking of becoming a real estate investor. I stumbled across BiggerPockets and well here I am. I took the 90 day challenge doing as much research as I could, listening to BiggerPockets podcasts, webinars, and everything else in between. BiggerPockets really and truly provides so much vital information. I can only speak for myself, but I will say the one thing that has helped me the absolute most is getting out there to every meet up that I possibly could and meeting people. Letting every person know my intentions in real estate ended up leading me to a very successful mentor through my brother. My brother has known him all my life and told him about me asking if he could take my under his wing.  With that being said having absolutely no clue about anything real estate related to the first week of September buying my first deal and about to close on another one completely blows my mind. Im not really going to go into specifics about the deal but ill just leave it at I have several possibilities with it. I could get 16k as down payment and cash flow 800 a month, or sell and make after everything about 100k on the deal. That is not the point of the post though. My point is if I can find a deal that works anyone can. You HAVE TO HAVE TO get out there and get out of you comfort zone and meet as many people as you can. Be very cautious of mentors but make that your number 1 goal is to find one. Hanging out with my mentor at auctions and meet ups I have seen first hand newbies make unbelievably costly investment mistakes. A good mentor will prevent you from having that costly experience. Realize a good education is never free. A good investor values his time so therefore you have to bring something to the table as well. I have learned about 2% of the investor world but my point is like I said, if I can do it so can you. Dedicate all of you toward the goal, get out of your comfort zone, meet people, find a mentor, let everyone know what your doing, and stay positive. Good luck to everyone that took the challenge. There is still plenty of time left. =)

Loading replies...