Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Pancham G.
  • Investor
  • Jericho, NY
Votes |
Finally quit my J.O.B.! After 7 years of investing!

Pancham G.
  • Investor
  • Jericho, NY
Posted Jan 6 2020, 10:37

It’s been about 7 years since I read the life changing book “Cashflow Quadrant” by Robert Kiyosaki and after 14 amazing years, I quit my full-time job!

This post has been a long overdue. I have been meaning to post this on BP for so long. I thought, what is a better way to start the new decade on BP with this post being the first of the decade! 

BP is the place where I started my journey about 5-6 years ago. I have bought and sold multiple properties through BP. One such property, I still own and made it to the "post of the week" on BP. You can check it out here if you are curious: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/223/topics/236786-how-we-made-5000-on-two-weekends-ie-4-nights-on-a-135k-condo

I had a high paying job in NYC that I quit after several years of investing in apartment complexes in my spare time. My first full day without a W2 job was on July 4th, 2019 (Independence Day). It just happened to pan out that way for my exit and never planned for it but I am glad it happened that way. Anyhow, I decided to turn my hobby and passion w/ real-estate into a full-time business to help others build wealth away from Wall-St. Going forward, I will be focusing my time on the following two things:

1) Syndications: Putting together investment opportunities for people to invest for the cashflow and have their money work for them.

2) Education: I launched a podcast to help high-paid professionals on personal finance.

I started with smaller properties in my local area. Slowly, I expanded into 5 different states with SFRs, duplexes, triplexes. It also included one airbnb rental. Then slowly over time I realized that even though this is so much fun and I was spending day and night on this stuff, it is not scalable. I went with the route of syndications. Since then, I have sold most of my portfolio.

It's been about 6 months since I left my FT job. I am so grateful for BP nation & real-estate. I owe it to BP for all the knowledge, relationships, investments and a community of like minded individuals. This has given me the ability to spend time the way I want. Thank you everyone who has helped me along this journey.

With Gratitude,
Pancham

Loading replies...