• Dothan, AL
Votes |
3rd SFR finally ready for market

Clint Shelley
  • Surveyor
  • Dothan, AL
Posted Mar 19 2020, 21:12

HI Everyone,

I purchased my 3rd SFR last June, and it's finally ready for market. Challenges for this project included my former plumber taking forever, the appraiser hosing me on the final appraisal, and my inability to devote enough personal time to perform the small labor that I like to do on the rehab. I didn't really work on the house much from October - February, so again, I carried unnecessary cost on money, dumpster, etc. I bought the house off of the MLS, two hours after it hit market for 34k. It's a 3BR 1.5 bath 1000 ft² brick ranch. I put 15k into by installing new HVAC, new flooring, paint, fixtures, fans, etc. I converted the closet in the master into a shower to make a 3/2. My wife and I installed the shower glass system and built out the walls around the surround. Not too hard. I planned on BRRR out, but the final appraisal was only 60000. I thought it should have been around 72. I purchased the house with very little money down. I get an 80% ARV credit line based on my the projected rehab scope, to purchase and rehab out of, from my portfolio bank. Like I said, the appraisal was only 53 projected and final 60. I hope to cash flow between 3 and 400 per month. Next house, I am going to use all professional trades for everything to get through faster. Attached are some after pics. I'll try to find some befores and post as well. Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any questions.

Clint

Loading replies...