• Investor / Agent
  • NY, NY
Votes |
A Deal never really dies!

Andre Green
  • Investor / Agent
  • NY, NY
Posted Feb 27 2013, 15:34

This post is way past overdue but I had to take the time out and share some of my success with the BP community as my way to give back to a community that has given me so much since joining.

I am happy to say that I got my first deal closed of 2013 out of the way in the first 10 days of the year. It was a short sale that I was working on with a partner for about three and a half months which seemed to be pretty fast even with the hurricane Sandy that the northeast endured. This deal that I was finally able to get done was a deal that I found more than 2 years ago.

I was able to locate the homeowner of a rundown property when driving for dollars. After a few conversations I was able to get the owner of this vacant house to agree to do a short sale on the property. After a few months of negotiations with the lender in 2010 I was unable to get the lender to agree to a short sale amount. This was a quite a disappointing feeling after having done all that work but at least I was able to build a rapport with the owner which little did I know come back to be an important factor.

Months went by after the unsuccessful short sale but due to the open lines of communication and rapport that I had built with owner that same owner started to refer other deals to me because of how much they felt comfortable with how I dealt with their short sale even though we were unsuccessful. Fast forward another 18 months I was able to approach the owner once again about attempting to do another short sale with the same lender. This time I decided to partner with another realtor who had more experience than I did with this particular lender than I did. I am not sure if that was the trick that did it but I was elated when we were able to get the short sale approved and then closed. I was more than happy to split commissions because in the eyes of the seller I had now become a reputable realtor that could deliver on their word! This deal gave me the momentum to go through all of my old leads to see what other diamonds in the ruff I could find. I hope this inspires some of you to go back and rehash a few deals.

I hope that this is the beginning of a great year! Thanks for reading BP!

Loading replies...