marketing ideas

9 Replies

i highly recommend craigslist

too many agent have tried it, and given up too quickly

i consistenly get deals because i use a system

Yeah, Craigslist is good.

I've been using craigslist as well and it's had a huge impact on my business. I've found about 95% of my buyers from that single website over the past five years.

Not sure what I would've done without it.

Craigslist is good but there are other options out there. Don't limit yourself to 1 particular marketing strategy.

What else are you using @James Hiddle ? I know there are a ton of other options out there (some of which I use), but I'm curious which other options pack as much of a punch as Craigslist.

I think some areas still have good results with Craigslist. In So California, Craigslist has been taken over by automated postings from agents, and is basically worthless.

Are you marketing for buyers or selling property?

For selling properties, there's the Marketplace here on BP, also Postlets which posts to several other sites for free.

Makes sense @Karen Margrave - I can see how this could be an issue in some markets (kind of a shame).

I'm marketing with the intent to SELL property. I have used postlets for years now, and you're right - it's awesome. I've also tried websites like backpage.com and kijiji.com - which are basically just a watered-down version of craigslist. It's debatable as to whether or not it's even worth messing with these sites - because I get virtually zero activity from them.

Always on the lookout for other effective options. Haven't tried the BP marketplace yet, but maybe I'll give it a whirl with my next one.

@Seth Williams here are some more marketing tips:

1.Market to buyers list
2.MLS(flat fee make sure you have the permission of the seller or POA to do this if you are wholesaling)
3.Your own lead generation website
4.Forums(such as BP)
5.Marketing Sites(Connected Investors,ListedBy,etc do a google search there are a few out there)
6.Postlets(which blasts your ad to a bunch of RE sites)
7.Online classifieds(craigslist which you already know,backpage,etc)
8.Flyers
9.REI clubs
10.Other wholesalers
11.Vflyer

Just make sure if you are wholesaling you get the permission from sellers to market the properties. If you are a rehabber than no worries.

Good ideas - thanks @James Hiddle . I'm using about half of those at the moment, but the other half seems like several good options that I haven't tapped into much yet.

Poslets.com they syndicate to 10-20 other sites.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here