How BiggerPockets helped us Flip/wholesale 27 houses in 12 months

36 Replies

@Sam Craven

Just listened to the podcast. Great stuff. Congrats on all the success.

Can you share of the 27 deals you've done, how many were wholesales and how many were flips. And, what was the deciding factor on which avenue to chose?

That is fantastic results!!!! I have been on BP since 2008 and have never sold 1 home to anyone, I dont think there are people here in BP looking to buy in Memphis, mostly people who have homes for sale.

@Jim Deason looking over the spreadsheet it looks like about 65% of the properties we wholesaled. The rest were flips.

The deciding factor will always be what you can buy it for, and its location. If its in a good median price area or under, and i cant buy it low enough to flip it, then there is a pretty good chance I can pay more for it, and sell it to a buy and hold investor.

Our philosophy is target our marketing as best as we can but turn every lead into cash somehow.

Thanks again for the kind words, BP is a great resource that helped make it happen for us.

Really enjoyed your story @Sam Craven - there are some on BP that would argue that "wholesaling is not real estate investing" - but I think you are a perfect example of the most REAL type of real estate investor with your ratio of pure wholesale deals to flips. This thread reminded me to go listen to your podcast. Bravo to BP (and the people that make it interesting) for giving us all a place to up our game!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you