Skip to content
Contractors

User Stats

Votes
Bryan Scoresby
Votes |
Honeybooks vs quickbooks- has anyone used both?

Bryan Scoresby
Posted Jul 19 2022, 15:19

I recently started a small business- I know this is a real estate forum, but they have a business podcast and I hoped they had a business forum... 

To the point, I am looking for anyones thoughts on the usefulness of Honeybooks, it sounds like its great software for project management and customer interactions, but doesn't have the accounting capabilities you need to file taxes, and so most people end up Using QuickBooks as well.  Does that sound right? 

my questions are: 

1.  Has anyone tried and found the customer interaction features to be useful, or is it just the standard bot responses of "thanks for asking, we will get to you soon?" 

2. Did you enjoy the project management side of things? Was it useful to your business? Would you suggest Honeybooks for this or another software?

3. Does it really integrate well with quickbooks or do you end up doing a lot of entering data twice simply because you are using two systems? 

I would really appreciate any real feedback that isn't filtered by advertising money.  

- a little about my businesses, I have two of them. One is a tree trimming and removal company (Serenity Tree Care) with me, and soon to be 3 part time employees.  20% of my clients are cold contacted by me while out and about chatting with people, the other 80% come from my 2nd business, Tree Med.  I recently purchased Tree Med from a guy who was ready to do more camping and less working, its a fertilizing and disease prevention/treatment company for trees.  it comes with about 80 clients, and is busy for only a few weeks out of the year.  So far no employees there, but that soon will change.  So far my client tracking (inherited from my predecessor) involves an eclectic mix of quickbooks info, apple contact list info, notes app info, google spreadsheets info, and stuff written down on pieces of paper.  I have someone who is going to remedy that, make a master client list, clean up my quickbooks so it has everyone and so forth... I would love to only do this once, and am wondering if its worth getting Honeybooks and putting everyone in it.  Any real world experience would be greatly appreciated.