Chris Pauli
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Looking for General Contractors

Chris Pauli
  • Chicago, IL
Posted May 13 2022, 06:02

Hello,

My name is Chris and I'm working with a small team of fast paced investors making 50+ offers a week on Chicagoland properties (have multiple under contract right now).  We're looking for a reliable contractor(s) to meet our fast pace and are able to meet at potential properties and provide fast, detailed estimates.  Looking to have multiple flips going at once to keep both of us busy with consistent work.

If this sounds like something that interests you feel free to drop a comment and we hope to work with you soon!  Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Scott E.
  • Developer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied May 13 2022, 06:52

Not a contractor here, but as somebody who also makes a ton of offers, I want to give my 2 cents.

If you are really making that make offers per week and getting that many deals under contract, you should be pretty proficient at running your own numbers on your deals. If I had my contractor write up a detailed estimate on every deal I got under contract, he wouldn't be my contractor much longer.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Pauli
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Chicago, IL
Replied May 13 2022, 17:12
Quote from @Scott E.:

Not a contractor here, but as somebody who also makes a ton of offers, I want to give my 2 cents.

If you are really making that make offers per week and getting that many deals under contract, you should be pretty proficient at running your own numbers on your deals. If I had my contractor write up a detailed estimate on every deal I got under contract, he wouldn't be my contractor much longer.

Appreciate the response, we've made almost 700 offers since the end of January, 17 of which we've got under contract.  Wholesaled most of them so far. 

We're fairly close on running the numbers but would definitely like to dial it in more per their prices and then not have to rely on them so much moving forward for that stage.  We seem to have a problem finding contractors that will give us a per unit price on labor (example: interior door install price).  A lot seem to want to lump everything together so that we cant tell what the price is per item, which makes doing the estimates ourselves a little more challenging.  I guess I didnt word it very well in my initial post.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Terrell Garren
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Concord, NC
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Concord, NC
Replied May 13 2022, 17:47

I don't know a GC that would want that gig at an affordable price.  700 offers and closed on 17, you should be self-sufficient by now. BTW you need an experienced home repair person to do estimates, a GC is probably overkill.  In NC you don't need a GC for estimates and neither for work if the project is under $30K.  I've got a GC license and half the contractors that work for me know more about construction and repair than I ever will. 

User Stats

Votes
Matt Groth
  • Contractor
  • Grand Marais, MN
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Grand Marais, MN
Replied May 14 2022, 05:12

@Terrell Garren I wouldn't really want that gig at an unaffordable price. Anyone that has the time in their schedule to do that is probably not someone that has the expertise needed to build the business you are describing.