• St Louis, MO
Votes |
looking for contractors

Cameron Myers
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • St Louis, MO
Posted Jun 3 2022, 10:19

I just purchased a duplex in South Hampton neighborhood. I have a 4 month renovation timeline (Oct 1). I will be serving as GC/designer and hiring out for certain projects. I'm looking for specific recommendations for subcontractors in the area or general advice about how to find quality and reliable people to hire. I have traditionally done a lot of the work myself or hired out family, but I do not have the time anymore working full time and having a tight timeline on this project. I have high standards for quality work. I have asked around with friends, posted in some Facebook groups, and done some Googling. The jobs I am needing done are below:

-privacy fence for small backyard/replaces a chain link fence

-retile two bathrooms- floor and tile surround with white hex and subway tile

-repour 3 car garage concrete floor

-electrical updates- interior wiring, run new electric for upstairs washer/dryer and outdoors plugs, update subpanel from fuses to breakers 

-plumbing- possibly replace some galvanized pipes, run water for upstairs washer/dryer

-windows- would love some to restore the old wood windows if possible including the exterior glazing

-garage- GC or structural contractor/engineer to bid fixing roof structure

-asbestos remediation- basement has broken asbestos tile floor and some asbestos tape on piping 

User Stats

Votes
Joanne Tsai
  • Investor
  • Millburn, NJ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Millburn, NJ
Replied Jun 3 2022, 12:40

we have used Eagle improvement in the past to renovate our 2nd home, Joe was reliable, and we were able to manage the process out of state without too much headache.