Skip to content
Contractors

User Stats

Votes
Linda Chov
Votes |
Does anyone have a roofing contractor to reccommend?

Linda Chov
Posted Jun 7 2022, 18:19
Hi all,

Looking for a decent roofer for a rental in 35208. We've gotten a quote from someone we used before and it's very, very high so need to look around.

Thanks a lot for any leads!

User Stats

Votes
Hunter Terryn
Pro Member
  • Birmingham, AL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Birmingham, AL
Replied Jun 18 2022, 19:08

Hey Linda! I’ve heard a lot of feedback from both investors and roof vendors about the numerous cost increases for materials this year. Almost every month! That said, always good to shop around.

Have you reached out to Cardinal Roofing? Richard Hinson has helped out a ton of my clients and seems to be fairly priced.  

Evernest Logo

User Stats

Votes
Jerry V.
  • Contractor
  • Richardson, TX
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Richardson, TX
Replied Jun 19 2022, 10:25

Howdy Linda!  If we were closer, I'd be happy to help out (repairs or full replacements... you didn't state what exactly your looking for or needing.

But as Hunter mentioned, pricing is ridiculous at present, with no signs of slowing down or more correctly, no signs or going "down" any time soon. :(   So yes, it's always good to call a few LOCAL (not storm chasers!) companies.  The ones you see on TV or hear on the radio stations ... may not be "affordable" to most.  Look for longevity, good reviews (doesn't have to be the "most"), but also ones that are "hands on."  I.e. They actually DON'T have salesmen and/or they do much of the work themselves.  Now if doing a full replacement, that may mean the main guy is just checking on the job back and forth.  Again, not a salesmen, but like us.. we do the small repairs ourselves and our full crews handle the full replacements, while we then act as the Lead/Manager/Gofer during that time. (hope that makes sense)

If you other questions or specifics, send a note/message and I'd be happy to help.

JsRoofing.com

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes