• Birmingham, AL
Votes |
Contractors and Sub-contractors in Birmingham, AL

Thomas Key
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Birmingham, AL
Posted Jul 2 2022, 09:09

I'm doing research to have multiple contacts for contractors, sub-contractors and handymen in the Birmingham area. I'm looking for any referrals from the BP community. Thanks so much!

User Stats

Votes
Melissa Nash
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Orange County, CA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Orange County, CA
Replied Jul 15 2022, 12:16

I have a couple great contractors out there. What are you looking to do? I would advise not to just go with the cheapest bid in Birmingham. It is shocking to see the quality of work and the issues when you go too cheap. The saying, you get what you pay for, is alive and well in Birmingham bc there are so many flippers there. So definitely ask detailed questions about how they would fix that item to see if they would fix it correctly. You could even go as far as getting it in writing. Example: how are you going to prep that wall for paint? (some don't prep and will paint right over bugs and dirt). that is where the price comes in..... the good guys will actually prep it, which takes time the price will be higher- but its done right and you won't have to re-do it in 1 year bc it peeled. Spend the $ now and do it right. 

If you are renting out the property- the last think you want is a tenant to leave bc the work was terrible. Keeping a tenant is the hard part - they leave bc of bad house conditions or bad PM. Its really annoying to call the PM for every little thing. The easier you make their lives they will stay and you will make more cashflow keeping a good tenant. 

Ok- rant over. HA. Message me if you want referrals- I have many!