Skip to content
Contractors

User Stats

Votes
Donald SaintVal
  • New to Real Estate
  • Boca Raton, FL
Votes |
Is there a general contractor out there?!

Donald SaintVal
  • New to Real Estate
  • Boca Raton, FL
Posted Jul 20 2022, 15:09

Hi guys! Finding a GC in Cincinnati is like looking for Bigfoot. Putting all the pieces together for the brrrr to work is no joke. I finally found a good property in a good neighborhood. I have the money and the agent, and the deal makes sense on paper. But I cannot find a reputable general contractor to give me a quote on the rehab! After more than 2 dozen calls, it is clear that they are all tied up in jobs. Availability seems to be winter 2023 in the area.  Does it make sense to put in an offer not even knowing when I’ll find that GC and without accurate quotes? 

User Stats

Votes
Michael David
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Missouri
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Missouri
Replied Jul 20 2022, 15:32

Hey @Donald SaintVal have you checked out the Build Your Team tool in the Network tab? Here are the results for contractors and builders in Cincinnati, OH. Hope this helps! 

User Stats

Votes
Donald SaintVal
  • New to Real Estate
  • Boca Raton, FL
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Boca Raton, FL
Replied Jul 20 2022, 16:13
Quote from @Michael David:

Hey @Donald SaintVal have you checked out the Build Your Team tool in the Network tab? Here are the results for contractors and builders in Cincinnati, OH. Hope this helps! 

wonderful Michael! I’ll check these out! 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Mateo Oquendo-Chandler
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Amelia, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Amelia, OH
Replied Jul 22 2022, 06:03

To answer your original question, I probably would not buy a property without knowing I can get the work done. Your money isn't working for you if no value is being added to your investment. Even if you bought it and then nothing happened so you tried to resell, the buyer would look and see that it has only gotten worse due to it sitting and you run a risk of not being able to break even. 

User Stats

Votes
Christian Martinez
  • Contractor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Jul 25 2022, 08:13

Hey Donald, 

I am a real estate investor in Cincy and I also own a construction management company. I would love to talk with you about being your general contractor and get you a bid asap. Our projects have a timeline of 90 days to completion and we can start before the end of august!

Call me at 513-604-3109

User Stats

Votes
Donald SaintVal
  • New to Real Estate
  • Boca Raton, FL
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Boca Raton, FL
Replied Aug 3 2022, 15:00

@Christian Martinez

@Christian Martinez

User Stats

Votes
Christian Martinez
  • Contractor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Aug 25 2022, 13:39
Quote from @Donald SaintVal:

@Christian Martinez

@Christian Martinez

Hey Donald, I hope you have found a contractor by now! If not, I would love to see if we could be a good fit for each other. I have plenty of contractors ready to work!

User Stats

Votes
Clay Collins
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Birmingham, AL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Birmingham, AL
Replied Aug 25 2022, 13:43

@Donald SaintVal

I know how hard it can be to find a general contractor, but it can also be hard to build out a complete team in a city especially as an out of state investor. My company is looking to be a one stop shop for investors where we can handle purchasing the property, renovations and management. We are also in cities all across the country now. Let me know if this something you would be interested to discuss! 

Account Closed
  • Contractor
  • NY
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • NY
Replied Aug 25 2022, 13:48

Any thoughts on a 3rd part painting estimating service to help you get an idea of what a fair price is that you should pay in your area for painting work?  I am working on putting together a low cost service for this (for real estate agents and their clients around the country)  Trying to gage interest if it is something investors would be interested in.  Is this something you could see being beneficial for your future endeavors?