• New to Real Estate
  • Michigan
Votes |
Roof Replacement Needed

Nathan Nye
  • New to Real Estate
  • Michigan
Posted Jul 24 2022, 10:37

Hello, I was looking to replace a reasonably small roof and was given a crazy quote. I am hoping someone can recommend reliable roofing contractors in Michigan. The house is on Lake Huron in Lexington just north of Port Huron. I am looking to get the shingles replaced and there are a few spots where the wood underneath needs to be torn out and replaced. Any help is greatly appreciated! 

User Stats

Votes
Jerry V.
  • Contractor
  • Richardson, TX
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Richardson, TX
Replied Jul 25 2022, 10:14

Sorry we're not closer!  But, we could use a break from this extreme heat down here in the Dallas, TX area.  Fly us up there and I'm sure we can work something out! lol

Keep in mind, materials prices are still crazy right now, and still going up.  Lumber seems to be coming down now (thank goodness) but all other things not, they still keep going up! (we got notice of ANOTHER price increase from our suppliers in early August!)  :((

Biggest thing to look for, NOT the cheapest, but FAIR pricing, and ... the Warranty they give!  And if it's a 1yr old company, giving a 10yr warranty... ummmm, no thanks! :P

Good luck and let me know if you have questions I can help with.  (J's Roofing)

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Vincent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Port Huron, MI
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Port Huron, MI
Replied Jul 25 2022, 10:16

There are two companies in Yale that I've heard good things from. One is Moza Construction and the other is Special Touch Builders. I think either one can help you with getting the roof replaced!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Nye
  • New to Real Estate
  • Michigan
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Michigan
Replied Jul 28 2022, 17:14
Quote from @Jerry V.:

Sorry we're not closer!  But, we could use a break from this extreme heat down here in the Dallas, TX area.  Fly us up there and I'm sure we can work something out! lol

Keep in mind, materials prices are still crazy right now, and still going up.  Lumber seems to be coming down now (thank goodness) but all other things not, they still keep going up! (we got notice of ANOTHER price increase from our suppliers in early August!)  :((

Biggest thing to look for, NOT the cheapest, but FAIR pricing, and ... the Warranty they give!  And if it's a 1yr old company, giving a 10yr warranty... ummmm, no thanks! :P

Thanks for the information! I have already gotten one quote that was outrageous so I am hoping to find something a little less but I will be sure to avoid the fishy-looking companies! Hopefully, prices will start to come down soon...

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Nye
  • New to Real Estate
  • Michigan
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Michigan
Replied Jul 28 2022, 17:15
Quote from @Andrew Vincent:

There are two companies in Yale that I've heard good things from. One is Moza Construction and the other is Special Touch Builders. I think either one can help you with getting the roof replaced!

Thank you for those suggestions I will be sure to reach out to them! 

User Stats

Votes
Jerry V.
  • Contractor
  • Richardson, TX
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Richardson, TX
Replied Jul 28 2022, 17:36
Quote from @Nathan Nye:
Quote from @Jerry V.:

Thanks for the information! I have already gotten one quote that was outrageous so I am hoping to find something a little less but I will be sure to avoid the fishy-looking companies! Hopefully, prices will start to come down soon...
Nathan, sorry to say, material prices are not coming "down" anytime soon. :(  I/we are surprised that lumber has FINALLY started coming down. (they planted a LOT, but didn't think it would catch up this quickly to help supply).  Wish you luck on the project!

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Jul 28 2022, 18:57

@Nathan Nye

What was the price and how many squares is it ?