Skip to content
Contractors

User Stats

Votes
Susan Edwards
  • Homeowner
  • Haltom City, TX
Votes |
Abandoned family house in Fort Worth, TX...this will be our first flip if I can find a contractor...help!

Susan Edwards
  • Homeowner
  • Haltom City, TX
Posted Apr 2 2015, 07:54

I have no idea how to find a general contractor, other than the obvious search of the internet. We have sort of inherited a neglected and abandoned family members home. It's actually the first house we want to flip. Best way to start if you ask me because our initial investment so far is $0. It has been abandoned for at least 8 years except for the raccoons that took up residence a few years back. They have been evicted for sometime now but they did a number on the ceiling and well pretty much everything else. So basically it is a 2 bedroom bath house built in 1955. It is not in the best neighborhood of Fort Worth but it will sell. We've had as is offers recently. Basically it will need just about everything and we need a contractor that can do all these things or has the right contacts. I mean we know a plumber and tile guy and roof guy....and we will of course get a bid from them. But if we also have some bids from people we don't know...people that already have all those guys on speed dial it would be better. The idea is to do all the demo ourselves as soon as we know what needs to stay and what needs to go. The money from the sale will go towards the next house we flip...and so we want the best work at the least amount. I am sure this is what everyone one here wants. Thanks in advance!! 

Susan

Loading replies...