• Real Estate Agent
  • Tucker, GA
Votes |
Sick and tire of being sick and tired

Maricela Chavez
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tucker, GA
Posted Nov 9 2017, 05:54
Ok, so I'm currently starting on my 4th flip as well as updating my own personal kitchen in my home. I have come to realize that most of my experience with contractors is pretty terrible. I understand the whole getting a deposit and portion of funds upfront I really do. However I find these folks to be so unbelievably unprofessional. I need to draft a contract of some sort. Any suggestions for doing this? For example yesterday I had an electrician come to my house to swap it the electrical panel in my home. We didn't have a meeting time specifically, but I had to run out to another project because something came up. I was not able to make it back to the house where he was doing the work. I'm crazy busy this week. So I sent my assistant to instead drop off his deposit into his bank account. When I got home super late I realized that he had left half of my electrical off, my fridge which we moved to another part of the house was left without power. I mean really? When I asked him why he hadn't plugged it back up to some power (which we did have some outlets working) he said it was because he didn't get my deposit on time. This is probably the last time I will use him. In the last 2-3 months I have probably paid him close to 5-7 k for his services. I guess I'm tired of being left with the trash. Them leaving my house not as they found it. How do I type up a concise document that I can have them sign prior to them starting any work on any of my projects? Any samples here on this forum?

Loading replies...