Votes
Matthew Paul#2 Contractors Contributor
  • Severna Park, MD
Votes |
My lawyer called and said there was a problem

Matthew Paul#2 Contractors Contributor
  • Severna Park, MD
Posted Jun 11 2018, 17:53

I got a call at around 4:30 this afternoon . My lawyer called and the basement in his office had 3 ft of water in it , and it was about an inch from the electric meters .  I grab 2 sump pumps , 60 feet of 1 1/2 pvc pipe and my discharge hoses and my waders .  I get there and he says the plumber cant do anything till its pumped down .  So I set up the pumps and blow the water out the back door .  I get them running and go home to eat dinner . When I get back there is still about 8 inches and the plumber is there .   The plumber says he wont check it out till all the water is gone , he has no boots , I ask if he has a pump , he says no he will have to go back to the shop . And tells the lawyer its double time after 6 pm . 

I throw on the waders and  go over and find the pump , and its unplugged , but there is an extention cord plugged in . It goes up thru a hole in the floor to a commercial tenants office , and the cord goes to the tenants window AC unit .  Offices are metered separate , but the lawyer / owner  pays for the utility room .    

Somebody is in trouble  in the morning  . 

Loading replies...