Votes
Zubair Afzal
  • Costa Mesa, CA
Votes |
Palm Springs Contractors

Zubair Afzal
  • Costa Mesa, CA
Posted Sep 15 2019, 18:32
Hi everyone, Im looking to purchase a property that will need some renovations for the backyard. It will be a short term rental so my business partner and I had a few landscapers walk the property. We told them what we wanted and showed them some pictures as well as to what we had in mind. The problem is... none of the contractors gave us an estimate!! It makes it challenging to figure out the numbers on the investment since we don't know what the renovations will cost us. Does anyone have any suggestions on this matter? Is it something that we did? I made sure to look at yelp reviews before calling the contractors and having them walk the property. -Zu

User Stats

Votes
John D.
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • La Quinta, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • La Quinta, CA
Replied Sep 17 2019, 02:27

@Zubair Afzal what’s the scope of work? Probably too small of a job for a GC.

User Stats

Votes
Zubair Afzal
  • Costa Mesa, CA
Votes |
  • Costa Mesa, CA
Replied Sep 17 2019, 13:40

Hi John, it is landscaping, pool and fence work for our backyard.  Specifically laying down artificial turf and concrete and making pool upgrades.  Do you know of any good contractors in the area?  

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
John D.
Pro Member
  • La Quinta, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • La Quinta, CA
Replied Sep 18 2019, 02:58

What are the upgrades on the pool that are required?  How many square feet of concrete need to be poured?  How much turf?  Hard to tell who a good fit would be without more info.....not sure if its a $5k or $50k job.  It's hard to get someone to write a quote on a house you don't even own yet, but if you can get me a clear and detailed scope of work I can probably get you in the ballpark, and refer you to some options.

User Stats

Votes
Sophie Knight
  • Los Angeles and Palm Springs, CA
Votes |
  • Los Angeles and Palm Springs, CA
Replied Dec 7 2021, 11:20

@John D. Hey there, I am closing on a property in Palm Springs tomorrow, I got few contractor bids but would love to get some more, do you have any references?

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
John D.
Pro Member
  • La Quinta, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • La Quinta, CA
Replied Dec 7 2021, 19:47

if you have a clear scope of work I'd be happy to find to see if I have the right person, just PM me the details, thanks.  @Sophie Knight