Looking for a GC for a 203k loan in North Jersey (Hudson county)

5 Replies

My buyer has purchased a 3 family unit in Jersey City heights, and all is going well. The only snag is that the mortgage company won’t let his father (licensed contractor) act as the GC for his 203k loan. He needs help finding one, so I figured I’d reach out here if anyone has any recommendations or advice. thanks

Anyone know of any other solid contractor options in this area? (Jersey City/Hoboken), preferably 203k experienced. 


@Moe Hirsch I reached out of Capnovate, they told me they weren't taking on Jersey City properties; mainly work outside of JC.

@Joseph Kaiser Do you have personal experience w/ Jonella Construction? Not seeing a website, reached out via social media. Have not heard back.

There are 5 contractors listed as Certified 203k Contractors servicing Jersey City at 203kContractors.com. Capnovate is one of them but if they can't or won't do the project, you still have 4 others to consider. 

JJA Property Services
New Space Contracting